Wednesday 21 April 2010

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

The aim of the project that we have been set is to design and make a working website, based around a charity. The website that we had to make must be of a high and working standard. To achieve this I used a variety of different technologies to construct my website. I am going to explain the different programmes I used to achieve my goal.
Adobe Photoshop
One of the programmes that I have learnt about and how to use is Adobe Photo shop. We used this programme to enhance the pictures that we gathered, to make them of a better quality and make the picture have more colours, which will bring it to life. Photo shop provided us with a variety of different options that helped used enhance the photos. The main reason for using photo shop was to design is background for the website. We scanned in the image that we drew and wanted to use, then added colour and brought the picture to life in photo shop. At the beginning of the project I had very little experience in using photo shop, but after completing the website I can now say that I have gathered the basics on how to use soft ware.
I Web
The main programme that we used to develop is main website and preliminary website is I Web. At the beginning of the project I had no clue of how to work I Web, due to the programme being new to me. I took me a while to learn the basics after being shown to by my teacher. Once I was shown how to use the programme our website got completed very quickly. I found I Web very simple to use after I got showed the basics. The thing I liked about I Web was that it didn’t over complicate things, due to it having very simple tool bars, which allowed you to create a variety finishes to you r work to make it look professional. I Web also allow you to create your website to the way that you want it. The only down side to using I Web is that it restricts you on some areas. It wouldn’t be a good programme to use if u wanted to create a top quality, professional website.
Internet
I have used the internet within my project to do a variety of different things. We firstly used it to look at other websites and the way they have layer them out and how they attract there target audience. We also used the internet to gather some information.
Microsoft word/excel
The most familiar programmes that I have used in the production and evaluation of my website is Microsoft word and Excel. We used Microsoft word to get the majority of the bulk of the work done. I produced all of my analysis work and print screen work in word. The second Microsoft programme we used was Excel. I was familiar with Excel, so didn’t find it that hard to use. We used this software for a small period of time just to analyse are results from are surveys. We gathered the results and processed them into a pie chart which enabled us to read the results easier. Using a pie chart also makes the results look neater and easier to read. Due to me coming across these programmes before it allowed me to complete my work quickly.
Camera
We used a camera for this project to gather are photos for the website. We did this by arranging what time and where we would go to take photos. When we got to the place we went round taking pictures of negative and positive aspects of the area. The pictures we took were in public area which enabled us to experience what the major problems were in the area.
Apple Mac
The main piece of technologies that we used to complete is project was the apple Macs. Without these computers it would have been difficult and complicated to complete this procedure. The Macs provided us with a variety of professional programmes (Photo Shop, I Web) which has enabled us to complete a top quality website. The Macs are much faster than normal computers enabling us to crack on with completing are website. The internet/safari is much quicker at loading which enabled us to locate information quicker than usual. The Macs also provided us with much more storage than normal computers, which enabled us to save all of our work to the main computer.
I feel that over the project I have become more confident with using the Macs and the different software that media has to offer. After using I Web I now think that it is the best website for creating and designing a website due to it offering a wide range of affects but being simple at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment